Monday, January 26, 2009

A Day in Washington, D.C.

Today the kids had a day off from school, so we took a trip up to
Washington, D.C.
We visited the American History museum and the Natural History museum.
My all time favorite movie!


When Ryan was in 1st and 2nd grade he use to come home
from school, run upstairs to his bedroom and change into a white dress shirt, a bow
tie, suit coat and a top hat to dress up like Abraham Lincoln.
This is Abraham Lincolns hat that he wore to the Ford Theater the night he was assassinated.
They have a fabulous exhibit on all the Presidents.

Casey pretending to be the President!
I'd vote for him!

Here we are at the American History Museum.





2 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Maybe is I click my heels 3 times I could be there with you! What a great thing to do on your kids day off.

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

I know you must have been in heaven seeing those fabulous ruby slippers!! What a great time with the family! Those are the things the kids will always remember.